lunes, 2 de noviembre de 2015

Asking for permission in PE lessons - Questions

When teaching PE in a foreign language you will have to cope with sharp and unconscious questions in the mother tongue, at least in Spain. In 7 years as a CLIL teacher I still have not achieved that a whole group asks in English when it is needed.

In order to avoid it I have carried out a game activity to teach right questions when asking for permission in PE lessons. I must say I have taken advantage of our native American teacher assistant, thanks to her inestimable help when checking students' questions.

First of all I want to share the questions I have used in this PE game.





- May I please go speak with the head teacher?
- Yes, you may.

- May I go to the bathroom, please?
 - Yes, you may.

How much time do I have left?
How many minutes/seconds do I have left?

I have a doctors appointment today at -:--.
My appointment is in 5 minutes, may I leave now… I need to leave.
  
What is this for?
What does this do?
How does this work?

May I please go to the water fountain. May I get a drink, please.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario